The 13th Symposium programme will include:
- 14 invited plenary lectures providing overviews of state-of-the-art developments in five selected scientific areas,
- 3 short plenary lectures, selected from the abstracts, that cover the most recent advances in LAB research,
- central in the programme each day: the online interactive poster session.
The scientific areas that will be covered are
- Microbial communities,
- Fermentation and metabolism,
- Genetic and Genomics,
- Host-Microbe Interactions and
- Bacteriophage and antimicrobials. Leading scientists from outside the LAB-community have also been included in the Programme to cover important emerging fields.
Many keynote speakers contributed a review to the LAB13 special issue of FEMS Microbial Reviews, edited by Bas Teusink, Sylvain Moineau and Oscar Kuipers, which appeared in September 2020; these invited speakers will provide the most current updates on their exciting research. Plenary lectures will be followed by an on-stage discussion session.
Poster contributions in all areas of research on Lactic Acid Bacteria, especially on industrial applications, are encouraged. We will create a professional interactive online environment for poster viewing, where each poster has its own breakout room - open during the entire conference to accommodate all time zones. Presenters are asked to upload their poster. Additionally, a two-minute poster flash can be uploaded online to promote the work.